We’re pleased to share a cross-post from customer, blogger, and health coach Rachel Druckenmiller’s blog, Rachel’s Nourishing Kitchen. As a wellness consultant and certified health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Rachel uses Hometown Harvest bag ingredients to craft tasty, interesting recipes that are healing and nutritious. Enjoy!
Up until about a year ago, I had never bought purple cabbage much less cooked with it. I had tasted it sprinkled in to salad mixes before but never thought much about it until reading The Beauty Detox book by Kimberly Snyder and being introduced to this recipe.
Kimberly spins this slaw as a way to reduce crow’s feet, but the ingredients (especially the cabbage!) are also super cancer-fighters, so for those two reasons alone, it’s worth trying this new alternative slaw recipe!
Beautifying Raw Purple Cabbage Slaw
Ingredients (Organic, if possible)
- 3 cups purple cabbage, shredded (you can do this manually or with the single shredding blade on a food processor)
- 2 tablepoons raw apple cider vinegar (ACV) (for more on ACV, check out this post!)
- 1 teaspoon tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1½ tablespoons nutritional yeast (I buy this in bulk)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped pitted black olives or capers