The peaches this summer have been the sweetest and juiciest I’ve had in a long time!
Whether we’ve gotten nectarines, yellow peaches or donut peaches in our Hometown Harvest bag, they have all been DELICIOUS and super satisfying.
I will be sad when peach season ends.
I even baked them in the oven for the first time and ended up with a super healthy, melt-in-your-mouth dessert.
I really enjoy and am always looking for recipes for rich and creamy foods and drinks that remind me of the “mouthfeel” of ice cream, cheese, and milk, but are made without those ingredients.
When my sister tried this smoothie, she said it tasted like one of the smoothies from Orange Julius…but better!
This dairy-free, vegan recipe is quick and simple and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. Blending the cashews with the liquid at the very beginning is what gives the smoothie its creamy texture without any milk, cream or yogurt!
You have to try this one for yourself – you will be amazed!
Orange Julius Copycat Peaches ‘n Cream Smoothie
- ¼ cup raw cashews* (it’s important that the cashews are raw!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups water (you can use almond milk if you prefer an even creamier texture – I used 1 cup each of water and almond milk)
- 3 cups peaches (sliced and frozen – or use fresh peaches for a “frothier” smoothie)
- 1 cup ice
- Optional (but tasteless!): 2 cups spinach
Click here for the full recipe from Girl Makes Food.