Bag items: zucchini, lemon, feta cheese, fresh dill, scallions, eggs, yogurt
Pancakes are an all-time breakfast favorite, and it is no surprise. They are delicious and comforting all in one. I decided to try a savory pancake to use some of the zucchini in my HH delivery bag, and it was a hit! The feta is salty, the herbs taste so fresh, and the onion adds a bit of the savory elements that makes these downright delicious!
A lot of times, I find that when people have tons of zucchini, they make bread, muffins, or gratins, all of which are delicious but not necessarily the lowest in calories. These pancakes are a healthy, low-calorie side dish that are loaded with antioxidants, particularly lutein and zeaxanthin, which promote eye health. So let’s dig in to these savory pancakes!
First, grate the zucchini, then add salt and let it drain in a colander or on paper towels:
Then mix everything up:
Scoop onto a medium-hot prepared pan:
Then arrange on a plate with 1/4 c. of yogurt and some extra chopped dill (as in above photo) or stack them up:
Then the best part: dig in!
Zucchini Feta Pancakes
2 medium-sized zucchini
¾ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. chopped dill
¼ c. scallions, chopped
½ c. crumbled feta cheese
¼ c. all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ c. plain yogurt
½ Tbsp. chopped dill
- Grate zucchini on a box grater, then place in a colander and add salt. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes to pull some of the moisture out of the zucchini so that your pancakes aren’t soggy.
- Once the zucchini has had time to drain, put it in a clean tea towel or paper towels and squeeze it out to remove any remaining moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients, then scoop ¼ cup sized mounds into a medium-hot pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly greased with butter.
- Cook until golden brown on one side, then flip to the other side for another 1-2 minutes until also golden brown.
- Serve with ¼ cup plain yogurt and ½ Tbsp. chopped dill to garnish.