It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Though it is also a challenging time of the year to eat healthfully, with Christmas cookies, parties, candies all very plentiful. This recipe is a good one to serve at a party, for a few reasons. First, it is packed with healthy greens-kale, leeks, parsley, and the individual serving size makes it hard to overeat (though it is quite tasty, and you will likely want to!)
The other good news is that all but one of the ingredients are available from HH to be delivered right to your doorstep. Doesn’t get any easier than that!
Start by cleaning and chopping your leeks, kale, and parsley.
Then mince the garlic and sauté it for 2-3 minutes before adding the other vegetables, and sauté them for 4-5 more minutes.
Remove all of the vegetables from the heat, and add them to a food processor.
Then slather the kale mixture on top of your flatbread or pizza dough, and bake according to instructions:
When it comes out of the oven, let it cool, then slice:
Then arrange the pieces on a pretty plate and place a toothpick in each one (for easy picking up and for good portion control!)
“Perfect for a Holiday Party” Green Pizza Bites
1 large leek
1 bunch of kale
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 heaping Tbsp Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise for a more indulgent pizza)
1/3 c. parmesan cheese
1 pizza crust or flatbread
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients, cleaning and chopping the leeks and kale
- Mince garlic and sauté until just turning brown, about 3 minutes
- Add in all of the vegetables except the parsley, and sauté until the kale is just wilted
- Add in the parsley, sauté another minute
- Remove from heat and add all of the vegetables to a food processor
- Add remaining ingredients, and then pulse until just combined but slightly chunky (see photo)
- Spread on the pizza dough or flatbread, and bake according to instructions
- Slice and serve!