Bag items: cauliflower, shallots, Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, celery, bell peppers
So the Superbowl is right around the corner-do you have your game day snacks ready? If not, don’t despair! HH has you covered with the ingredients, and I have you covered with the yummy dip recipe.
This is a recipe I adapted from a version of crab dip I made a few years ago. The difference is that there is hot sauce and cauliflower in this one, but don’t worry if you have a big group coming and not everyone thinks they love cauliflower dip for a football game. It’s so tasty, and the cauliflower adds texture more than anything. The buffalo sauce and the creaminess of the Greek yogurt and cream cheese are what you taste most strongly, and it’s delish! It hits the craving for buffalo wings in a much healthier, less-calorie dense way.
To start, chop your cauliflower in half:
Then steam away!
While it’s steaming, mix up the rest of the ingredients:
Then chop the steamed cauliflower up into pieces as big as you want for your dip. If you have people who might not be thrilled at the presence of cauliflower, you can always hide it by pureeing it.
Add the cauliflower to the bowl, and mix well:
Pour into a baking dish:
Top with shredded cheddar, and bake.
Then serve with celery, bell peppers, and any other vegetable you choose. Make life even easier for yourself by ordering the HH 3lb Veggie Box!.
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
1/2 of one head of cauliflower
2/3 c. Greek yogurt
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. dried parsley
¾ tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 c.)
½ c. hot sauce
¾ c shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by cutting your cauliflower in half, then into florets.
- Steam the florets for 15 minutes, until soft enough to poke a with a fork easily, but not mushy.
- Roughly chop the florets into little pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cheddar cheese, to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the steamed cauliflower to the mixture and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cheese is melted on top.
- Serve with fresh veggies, and enjoy!